Come change your perspective on the world by turning everything upside down. This will be an evening to improve on any and all of your inversion goals.
If you feel anxious every time a teacher says the word handstand, this session is for you. If you are semi comfortable upside down, this session is for you.
The only prerequisite is a desire to get more comfortable being upside down. Everyone is welcome.
We’ll meet you where you are and safely guide you into the world of inversions!
- Cultivate sensitivity in your hands and arms for balancing. In the same way that our feet and legs keep us upright and stable, our upper bodies can learn how to keep us balanced upside down.
- Learn the progressions from regular down dog towards a full handstand at the wall. There are many possible stages in this process and each student can decide for themselves how far to take this exploration.
- Gain confidence in your own strength and abilities to be upside down. We will work some handstand versions with assistance and the help of padding to help everyone feel more comfortable with their handstand practice.
- Gain the tools for proper wrist and shoulder health while training skills required for your arms to support your body weight. We will explore a wrist series, shoulder openers and stabilizing, and talk about the proper alignment for optimal prevention of injury.
- Acquire tools on how to start working towards a handstand on your own.
Please send Jaime any questions and/or goals ahead of time at email@example.com
Investment in You: $37
Jaime Waliczek has a life-long love of being upside down. After training in gymnastics for 20 years, she found and fell in love with yoga in 2000. Jaime completed her first yoga teacher training in 2003 and has been teaching ever since. Jaime founded and runs Jerboa Dance (since 2003) and lets her dance practice inform her yoga teaching. For the last 2 years, she has also been training in acroyoga and hand balancing and wants to share her knowledge and enthusiasm about all her movement modalities. Jaime is interested in helping students feel strong and embodied. jerboadance.com